Sunday, February 14, 2010

A dog's lucky day!


I thought of a whole little story that would go with this drawing, but it would be awhile till I had time to do anything with it. It's stupid anyways.



Award designed by Strawberry Lemonade!

So Mr. Chris Battle has tagged me for a Kreative Blogger award, which is silly, but a good way to pimp out some friends!
In turn, I have to nominate seven other bloggers, and then list seven weird things about myself. So here goes:

In no particular order:

1. Mary Hoffman, an old friend, who has a cute creepy Esty shop! I have a few of her paintings and a cupcake monster cell phone charm!
2. Miss Withers has been making some interesting paper art lately. I also like how she draws scary pigs. She also has an Etsy shop!
3. Steph Laberis creates artwork for your favorite Facebook and XBox games!
4.Mindy Lee. Words fail me.
5. Thomas Perkins. I work with this dude! He's awesome!
6.Jason Jones. He probably doesn't realize it, but even though we were college buddies, he taught me ALOT about animating! He draws some sweet portraits.
7. Frank Weber draws some good robots!

I have some creepy friends! :O
Now seven useless things about me.

1. I use the mouse backwards. Everyone who uses the computer after me hates me when I do this.
2. Eyeballs creep me out.
3. I wanted to be either a marine biologist or an animator when I was little. Then I realized that drawing dolphins was pretty fun, and that took care of that decision.
4. I used to teach pottery classes to grade schoolers when I was in high school.
5. My Dad really does grow potatoes for a living.
6. I'm mildly allergic to cats, but I don't care.
7. I didn't realize Walt Disney was dead until I was about 10. I'm still stupid.

Oh, real quick! I've been listening to Eisley again. Every song they sing is lovely.

************
Got some nice happy fanart from http://the-galen.deviantart.com/!

16 comments:

Katie said...

I bet your idea is cool, not stupid! I want to see more.

The little drawing for the blogger award is really cute...Congrats to you! And yay for nominating Miss Withers! :D

PotatoFarmGirl said...

I don't know who drew the blogger award badge, but I agree, it's pretty cool! I have a Miss Wither's "Meerkats in a City" piece in my apartment right now!
Maybe I'll get back to ice cream puppy some day, hopefully! My work load exploded for this month!

Boogervampire said...

Why thanks ol' Chum! I am, as always, lifted by your support and friendship. . . and I need to write to your pop and beg for new taters. Biggest taters in all of Eastern Washington!

Sonictail said...

Go chain posting, I hope some good comes of it... But your pic of a girl and her dog is really cool.

Quick CSS tip, "post a comment" cannot be seen easily, .comment-footer p {color:PURPLE} or some tomfoolery along those lines might help.

Good to see you posting more!
ST~

Chris Battle said...

It was designed by Strawberry Lemonade and it's a welcome re-design from the original...

Keep being AWESOME!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Thanks Battle! I'll credit her, looks like she has alot of neat stuff up on her blog too! ^u^

Booger-Awww, you make me feel all warm and fuzzy. We HAVE to have a final meet up before your job pulls you back into the icy deep, I don't want to wait until Spring comes to see you again. You're like Persephone!

Sonictail- I agree! I just have basic knowledge of Frankenstein HTML, so when I get some time free again, I'll try to fix that mess. Everything got ugly when I had to switch to blogger's new template system.

damon said...

to cute

Eddie Perkins said...

Love the picture! Will check out the links tomorrow when not half asleep.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Congrats!!

You're mildly allergic to cats?!?!?! Whahahaha, how do you manage?

Love the top pic, I like how the girl is looking at the ravenous pup!

M said...

Sorry Brianne, I tagged you again for the award. I can't make a list without putting you in it. Been a long time follower. Anyways I won't copy and paste again but just wanted to let you know you are on my list of favorite blogs.

James Sugrue said...

Your stuff is so awesome! I love all your colors!

Allyn said...

i wanted to work with animals or be an animator when i was a kid too! i think most of my animator friends did to hehe beautiful drawing glad the doggy got a treat!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Kali- There were always cats and at least one dog around growing up. I'm happier with fuzzy friends around than not. Plus, I think having Skippy around actually helps lessen allergic reactions to other animals. I'm also allergic to hay, alfalfa, and other crops, so there was no escaping it anyway.

Mindy- Awwwww.

James- Thank you! I really liked your valentine's cartoon. Keep making cool animation. :D

Allyn- I think alot of artists have a past career goals, that somehow led them to making art for a living.

LFW said...

Thank you very much, I am very deeply honoured to be suggested by such a talent such as yourself. I definitely think you deserve the bloggers choice award.

cheers to you

-LFW

Kali Fontecchio said...

You're one tough cookie!

You're one tough cupcake!

I'm hungry!

Jason L Jones said...

I really love this design, it
is loose, but it is really solid structure wise, I don't know how you balance the 2 so well that is really hard to do. Very impressive
-JJ