Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Aprul Fuls!!

Why is this April Fool's? Because it was drawn by a fool!

I did not design Sari! Derrick Wyatt did! I got a few emails the past week for requests for Sari, since some people actually like her. Hey I do too! I'll wave my dork flag proudly, whatever. As far as drawing her, I've never drawn this version of her, ughhhhh....... Sari is owned by Hasbro, even though they will probably never make a toy of her or use her for fruit snacks.

Hey! It's Glyph! Derrick told me to put her up here. She was colored by Claire Lenth, who also does fabulous drawings! Bother her so she will actually post them!

These sketches were made while I was unemployed for five billion years. During that time Claire was also unemployed for a bit, so we would go hang out in this wonderful magic kingdom above an Anthropologie store, drinking tea along with Pinkberry yogurt. There was also much manga reading, and many copic and tria markers.

I drew some stuff that wasn't Transformers related then also. That is for another time. Oh! Skippy has a fan page too. Now he is much chubbier.


Glasses Bunny stares into your soul, he knows how you really feel.

Figured this out from Tom Perkins. Did you know you can embed graffiti from Facebook? I didn't cause I'm dumb. This is from a month ago. When I was inbetween jobs. ;)




Click the pony to watch it being born!


On a random note, I just found out my cousin has a bike named "Megatron". I think it's supposed to be named after her sister "Megan". They're both in college.

24 comments:

Ben Jones said...

As long as they make a toy based on your Tiny Optimus design, I will not complain about the lack of Sari toys.

Jeffrey said...

That was a great season premiere! I hope she shows up again. So far she ain't in anything. Nice drouing Drawhard.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Ben- They won't make a toy of mini Pooptimus. Maybe I'll try making it out of sculpey this weekend.
Jeffrey- Yeah, I'm seeing the episodes as they air/leaked for the first time, so I'm not sure when she'll be back. I like shows that have story arcs that cover an entire season. Maybe 'cause I'm old?

Jeffrey said...

Maybe cuz your awesome.

nateinabox said...

Sari fruit snacks? I think they sell those in Germany.

Daniel Pike said...

This is one of the coolest blogs I've seen in a long time. Keep up the great work *follows* ...Do you have a deviant art account? if not... you should...

Sonictail said...

The eyes, they burn with cuteness >.< Great Work!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Nate- Really? Get me some! Do they make "Chowder" fruit snacks in Germany too?

Daniel- Thank you. I may or may not have a dev account. Gwa ha ha ha ha!

Sonictail- Sorry. My eyes burn and water all the time, but it might just be the wonderful air quality in LA.

William Bradford said...

Maybe he'd spring for contacts :)

Claire Lenth said...

I think Glyph was colored by Derrick actually, I don't remember seeing her until she was on the autobot board.

Sari post-it makes me happy :D

Chris Battle said...

Even your Transformers are cute! More TFRS art soon, pleez.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Elephant- Bunnies with contacts are sad.

Claire- Derrick thinks you colored it. I guess he's as brain dead as me right now.

Battle- I can't even remember what else I drew for that season. Lots and lots of coats, some babies, and some turn arounds for Derrick and Irineo, so nothing else to post. :(
Actually, I think there may have been a couple more TFRS.....

Caila Anne W. said...

Someone posted this on TFW2005.com boards. They claim it is actually Glyph.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-fan-art/27079991d1238504547-tfa-glyph-tfa_glyph_color.jpg

I like both of them personally. Yours is cuter though :). Do you know what that is or do you call shenanigans?

Love the Sari pic too!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Hi Caila,
I can't see the image unless I join the forum, but the rest of that guys stuff looks neat! I'm guessing it is fanart, and there is nothing wrong with fanart shenanigans. It is good people have different takes on characters. There are a gazillion different versions of Batman! It's common with pop culture I think.
(Your avatar is awesome by the way!)

Sonictail said...

"Sorry. My eyes burn and water all the time, but it might just be the wonderful air quality in LA."

If really cute eyes are the result of massive air pollution... You may want to get that looked at ^_^

Unknown said...

Glyph! Hooray! I love Glyph, and have been worried she would be lost to the mists of time. It's great seeing her in an Animated incarnation. :)

Anonymous said...

lolz nerd bunny
seeya @ WB in may or june maybe? dunno nothings official yet. sorry i missed sushi the other night. im scared of girls

Spin-Out said...

Glyph is ADOWABLE! I kinda like the lipstickless head better. Makes here seem even cuddlier... For a giant metal car robot.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Spin-Out- I was kinda leaning towards the no lipstick too, but got out voted. Probably makes her look way to young without it! I got to pick the helmet though, I did a bunch more helmets, but to lazy to scan them in.

Casey- Yay! It's going to be awhile until you guys are around then? I'm sorry you are scared of girls. That girl attack at the beach must have left you very traumatized.

Spin-Out said...

Out voted... Huh. Does that mean she might appear in the cartoon, or what?

Unknown said...

SO COOL and AWESOME!! ^_^

Ty Carter said...

SWEET! Great Style!

Chogrin said...

So GOOD!

matthewART said...

arrrg!!! that glyph is sooo dang ceeeeooool!!! Me want toy of Glyph. Maybe me custom Activator Bumble Bee... I love your design though!!!