Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Halloweeniemas Time!



Those two holidays are getting too close together, or maybe I'm just getting senile. I tried making the most annoying, girly Halloween cartoon I could, but was busy with a bunch of dumb crap. I got back to it this week. Here it is. I uploaded it to Vimeo, which is 1000000x better quality than pooptube. No dropped frames and blurry bgs, and you can download the quicktime file there for your own portable devices.


Love Shine from Brianne Drouhard on Vimeo.
Song Info (it's on Itunes):
Love Shine (Body Grooverz 2006 Mix)
artist: W.W.S.
album: Dance Dance Revolution - Hottest Party (c) Konami
Crappy Youtube version.

Horrible random facts:
Flash with wacom tablet. Like drawing with a giant melted crayon, on a cookie sheet, with my feet.
Two full weeks of work, off and on.
Hallucinated my tea cup was wiggly from lack of sleep.
The version on my computer actually has easy to read backgrounds.
The story still doesn't make any sense though, or fix timing and 180 problems.
Poor computer is old and I'm amazed it was able to handle this, barely.
My flight home for Xmas has been cancelled three times the last 24 hours.
I was able to finish editing because that happened.
My stomach hurts.
I'm being to negative.
But I had sushi with Clio! HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!!
MERRY HOLIDAY SUPER WEEK EVERYBODY!!!

(Konami please don't sue me!)

___________________________________________________
---------------------------------------------------
One of my friends produced a cd for Child's Play, an organization that raises money for children's hospitals.
You can preview tracks and order it HERE
---------------------------------------------------

35 comments:

Marlo said...

wow! you are great at everything. please be my wife.

Unknown said...

Super cute!! ^-^

Jeffrey said...

YAY YOU ARE FINISHED!

Jeffrey said...

hands off she's mine! lols!

:< sucks you've been in crappy times! Wonderful talent such as this shouldn't be in such dreary states!

Anonymous said...

omgosh, yes! Sweeeeet animation!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. A very Merry Halloweeniemas to you too!!!!

PJS said...

Amazing! The dancing sequences are marvelous.

Boogervampire said...

YAY!! It's finished! Turned out awesome.

Keith Conroy said...

That was absolutely Love Shiny.
Gratz on finishing a really fun animation.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Marlo- I would be a horrible wife. I am bad at cooking and cleaning, and always want to be in the show.
Jeff- Things aren't looking so dreary lately.
Thanks everybody! Everyone should try making a short, it's alot of fun!

deniseletter said...

It has magic
Happy Holidays to you too!!

Kali Fontecchio said...

That was adorable! Haha, and the ddr music hilarious!

Abby Goldsmith said...

YAY!!! That was insanely cute and happy. I like the sexy frog prince. Everything should be techno.

cristina paulos said...

so amazing!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Abby- I actually did a drawing of him and wrote "sexy" next to it. He was pretty disgusting! I will show it too you tomorrow! Hooray for super delayed flights!

Lazesummerstone said...

Ahh jeezus this is fantastic! Please get the best-job-ever soon, because you definitely deserve to be employed!

Lazesummerstone said...

Nobody is having success getting out of Washington at the SeaTac Airport right now, so I suppose that it'd be just as hard to get into Washington. I think the Snow is finally turning into rain today, so hopefully you got your flight.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yeah, it's really icky. My flight has gotten cancelled since the last post, and got rescheduled out of Burbank tomorrow morning, xmas day. My brother said flights are starting to move out finally, but one of my friends got cancelled today too. So looks like I'll be spending it in Seattle tomorrow at my brother's apartment! My parents drove throught the pass today, and said they saw a lot of wrecked semis and cars. But my Mom made cake!

JohnK said...

That was genius!

Merry Christmas Brianne.

John

Charles Goatley said...

That's brilliant! Uber cute and just what I need to cancel out all the stress of the perpetual Halloweeniemas holiday.

Ryan Green said...

That animation is so much fun! Great job, Brianne.

Gebba said...

i have watched this video way too many times

William Bradford said...

Oh man! The timing and the pacing and everything is so charming and funny and cute and enjoyable.

Congrats!

Katie said...

That was so good!! You're amazing! How'd you get so good at everything?? Design, color, animation, timing...plus everything you do is so full of life and appeal! I'm gonna go watch that a couple more dozen times!

P.s. the word verification code I have to type in for this is "paspoxy." It sounds like a funny name of some sort!

Daron Leah Nefcy said...

Really cute stuff!

craigp said...

can you fly too?
i downloaded it and went frame by frame in parts. i that's really amazing! you hands must be magic

Meesimo said...

Your awesomeness is all awesomey, in an awesome type way.
Plus:
Merry Halloweeniemas!

X said...

Two weeks late, I don't care. Your work is awesome. You take those anime clichés, turn them around, and make them exciting and fun to watch. Woo! Excitement!

Lauren said...

Wow. That "Love Shine" animation is amazing! I'm super impressed. I couldn't do that in a whole semester at school. Well, I couldn't do that in a whole semester now, put you get the idea. Really awesome.

Nico said...

I've watched this a million times and still cant get enough. Such life and FUN in everything you draw. Excellent EXCELLENT job Brianne. I am quite a fan!!

david said...

the dancing turned out super awesome. You've outdone yourself.

sorry for not commenting when it actually came out :(

You're like an animation superstar

I love when people make super duper cartoons by themselves.

CARTOONS in 08 and 09 !!! BOOYA!!

Katy Hargrove said...

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! I love this!

Carrie said...

Love Shine is awesome... I got goosebumps a few times. No lie. I'm inspired. My tablet is covered in bills... it's under there somewhere! Need to put together a portfolio and possibly wrap my brain around flash. Yay! Thank you for sharing :)

James Sutton said...

lol pooptube

Zoran Taylor said...

Did you see that?

I mean yeah, of course you did, but really, DID YOU SEE THAT?

The guy who wrote, directed and partially voiced and animated "Stimpy's Invention" calling your work GENUIS?!!!

No...no, that's not what's crazy.

What's crazy is that he's right.