Monday, October 20, 2008

Corny Cole


1997, the insanely talented Corny Cole. The young lass in the bottom photo is the sweet talented miss Destiny Wood.

Alot of people know Corny, and many know of his situation at the moment. He has been an inspiration to many, a helpful mentor, and friend. I've known him since 1996. He was my first figure drawing teacher and I took some of his fantastic painting classes. He's always been very supportive and would often bring artwork from various periods of his life to class. Sometimes it would be old books of his favorite illustrators, a beautiful painting, a relief made in sculpy, layouts from "Little Nemo", the epic animation he made for "Heavy Metal". Alot of these were lost in the fires last week, along with his pets.
I know this info can be found in many places already, but just a reminder if anyone would like to help Corny out during this rough time, here are some places to donate and contact:
Creative Talent Network Paypal Corny Cole donation account

Also you can snail mail:
Checks payable to Corny Cole
California Institute of the Arts
ATT: Trish Patryla, Office of the Provost
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355

There also maybe an auction fundraiser, but I'm not sure who is in charge of it or running it. If anyone knows, please contact me. I'd like to contribute.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I had no idea what was going on with the fires and Corny... ugh. so so sad :( I think because this was over a month ago, the paypal link isn't working... I'll have to find one that does.