Monday, July 07, 2008

I went to Anime Expo...

...and there was a Cosplay Life drawing session my friends dragged me too. I was exhausted, but it ended up being alot of fun. I saw an old CSSSA friend there, and another classmate I hadn't seen in five years.
I wasn't planning on drawing at the con, and didn't bring the supplies I'm used to. These are all drawn in a tiny crappy sketchbook. Most of these guys held the poses better than the naked models I had drawn from years ago. Mad props to you crazy cosplayers, all that sewing must strengthen your stamina.



"Dude, your princess in another castle."





Naruto's colors are switched. And he is drawn poopy. The girl dressed as Hsien-ko is an old CSSSA roommate!



Polka Vocaloid?



"Do you liek autobots?"

Afterward we went to Mimi's Cafe for dinnar. We bought four "Gurren Lagann" suprise toy boxes, but ended up with three of the same toy! :( How does that happen? While I was putting mine together, the little boy from the table next to us started playing waiter. This pretty much summed up our conversation. He really liked the robots.
For more crazy Anime Expo figure drawing, go here.

P.S. It's true, Anime Expo weakens the immune system.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

great sketches!

Michael Chang said...

Awesome sketches Brianne! I was there on Saturday. I saw some of same Cosplayers (i.e. the Nightstalker woman in Blue) Some of the costume were most impressive and some not so much ;)

Oliver Akuin said...

these sketches are awesome brianne!! i love when people dress up!

Lazesummerstone said...

C.C.Cathy???


I'm kind of sad to not go this year, the first year since it seems like everyone I know is went. I'll be even sadder to be skipping the big Comic-con in a few weeks... you going?

Lazesummerstone said...

HAHAHA PS: I was drunk, when posting- thus explains the non-existent sentance structure. ^__^

Trevor Smith said...

Hey This is Trevor The intern on Transformers, i was at lunch with everyone at the mall today. I just wanted to say you have some really awesome stuff. See you around

Unknown said...

I love your first sketch bestest - nothing says anime cosplay like obesity.

...yes, I'm going to hell. BUT I GET TO SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS!!

William Bradford said...

Yay! Cosplay.

jynxkat said...

i miss drawing naked people! why is no one near me naked and holding still? frustrating! aarrrgh!

Anonymous said...

anime expo is for the super hardcore?

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Jake- Yeah, Hsien-Ko is Cathy. Drinking + internet may not be wise.
Trevor- HI!
Steph- Yes, you are probably going to Hell. I heard it was warm there though. I might actually be going to con this year, I will know soon.
Hwang- I don't think expo needs to be for the hardcore, but apparantly it doesn't hurt. Or does hurt. Don't know, the whole thing is weird.

Zoƫ Moss said...

SHIT! You were at AX? Dang, I could have somehow met you.. you know, if I had known what to look for and where. Sorry if that sounds creepy.. And now you're going to be at Comic-Con and I'm not? Argghhh.. well, at least I have a good reason - I'm a part time T.A. at CSSSA for the animation department this year.

Lauren said...

Yeah! I saw that gothish couple with the spiky hair and purple wings too! Neato!

Brian Growe said...

Nice!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Lauren- I have no idea what those gothy people are supposed to be. I'm assuming they are just being themselves.

chia said...

dammit, now I'm really kicking myself for skipping this year!! I just hated it the last time it was in long beach, but looks like it was a good one this year!!! Thanks for posting up these awesome sketches! I think they're better than anything I could have bought on the expo floor!
Speaking of buying, are you going to have any new books at the SDCC? Sorry, if you've covered that already and I missed the post, been out of the blog loop for a while.

samacleod said...

These are all so awesome.

BTW, I subscribe to your blog. I saw your mystery post. If you wanted to take those images off, you might have to delete that post and then the images become dead links (at least I think they do), only because my google reader still shows them. Just thought I'd let you know.

YOU ROCK!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Thanks Steve, but a warning, that doesn't work. Google reader cached it in less than 5 seconds. I just deleted them from the Picasa album, but it doesn't look like it's affecting reader any. Anyway, I'll trust my faith in humanity for the moment. Thanks for you support!!