Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bizzy Stuffs

Here is a bunch of stuff I've been working on last couple of years. All the drawings are mashed together, they are secret!

Until next year, if it looks like they might be ok for a sketchbook. One of the projects I've been working on for awhile, with friends helping/putting up with me. The other is a children's book, and all the images should be colored by the end of this summer, and it won't be published until fall 2009. So maybe a sketchbook next summer of all that crap. Being unhirable for millions of months has lifted the guilt of spending time on my own work.

I was bored last week so I animated a dragon walking for no reason. He has no goal. He sucks. It was made in flash with a wacom tablet. Really dumb way to work. Paper and scanning would have been faster, but maybe with a cintiq it would have been close. Behold the wonkiness! The colors got sucky and grainy when uploaded, looks like a bad 1980's vhs tape. If you look closely, you can see accidental bunny roughs.

The music is "Money Loving Dragon" by Yoko Kanno.

I have decided to change careers and become a doctor. I am going to "Dr. Mario's Fancy Doctor School for People Who Don't Draw Good". My teacher is the Boogervampire, standing to the right. As you can see, my color matching skills are to be desired. I hope to cure stomach cramps and migraines someday.


Here are some photos of Skippy, since he is still alive.



Bye for now.
P.S. I saw "Kung Fu Panda". It made me happy. The cg animation on the turtle was ahhmahzing!

14 comments:

Boogervampire said...

Tee Hee Hee! I is da best Doctor EVAR!!!!!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yay! You cure people of their stupidityness!

Chris Battle said...

You, Miss, are a dirty tease.

William Bradford said...

Love the carnivorous mermaid in the last post. I love cats; my dad called my at midnight a few days ago to tell me their cat finally had kittens... on my mother's new bedsheets. You know how lion cubs are cute so their parents don't eat them; I think a similar situation could be applied here...

And yes, the turtle was my favorite part of that movie; that and the end credit sequences.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Elephant- They say looking at cute things, like babies, releases oxytocin in the brain, making adults want to protect them. I think that is why kittens are so cute. If they were lion size, they wouldn't think twice about having their owners for a snack.

Lazesummerstone said...

y--yakko?

That dragon is so cool! And the tiny blob-bunny is so cute!

Jeffrey said...

I hunger for more animashuns! That bunny needs a helmet. because i believe all bunnies need armor.

Also I need to go watch Kung Fu panda because I thought it was gonna be bad but everyone is saying it's good so now I have to go watch it.

Kyle Neswald said...

You will make a very fine doctor someday. You will succeed only if you have the patients. Get it? Patients?! Yay!

WCTs said...

Skippy is a cutie.

We would love to see the un-mashed up version of your work!!

=^..^=
, ,

/

Anonymous said...

You were bored, so you animated a dragon walk cycle?! Insanely AWESOME. And insane. And then you added the hoppie bunny on top...?!?! OK, done narrating your actions... he's wicked sweet in his gimpy-ness. lol

Abby Goldsmith said...

Ditto the last comment by "vhs" ... your boredom is utter awesomeness. I can always count on your blog to cheer me up!

I like how Boogervampire looks pissed off and your Mii looks guilty. :-D

Percy Bysshe said...

Nice secret sketches - I think I see a bit of a Jackson Pollock influence -

Percy Bysshe said...

... and looking forward to that book! The last book I read in that genre was the 'Berenstein Bears go on a vacation', therefore... actually I can't of a logical conclusion to this sentence - I just felt like mentioning the Berenstein Bears...

Gabe Swarr said...

We should exchange Friend codes!